Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm at work and it's 1:30 in the morning. I'm waiting on a new client to come into the shelter in moment. Throughout the last year that I've been working here, I've seen so many women and children come and go. I think I have the best job. It's been such a blessing to me. Sharing with these women helped me stay sober many months. In AA, they teach us that in order to keep what we have, we must be willing to give it away. God has been so faithful to me. He has delivered me. I just want to give back what has been given to me. I'll keep on doing just that as long as I'm allowed to.

The last 2 weeks has been a struggle for me. I've taken my eyes off of Jesus. I quit doing what I know to do. I've spent the last 15 months doing what I know will keep me sober. I stopped. I let the worries, the deep deep hurt in my heart, take my eyes off Jesus. I stopped doing the "

No comments: